El Paso County is working with the Pikes Peak Area Council of Governments (PPACG) to distribute additional relief funding locally, through a new grant program, the 2021 Pikes Peak Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program. Grant awards will be a maximum of $7,000 each.
All applications are due by January 29, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
The objective of the 2021 Pikes Peak Small Business COVID-19 Grant Program is to provide additional financial assistance to El Paso County small businesses considered to be especially hard-hit by the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligibility for the funding is limited to restaurants, bars (including breweries, wineries, and distilleries), caterers, movie theatres, gyms, and recreation centers.
To qualify, businesses in those categories must have experienced at least a 20% reduction in revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic since March 26, 2020.
This grant opportunity is available for businesses:
- Operating before Jan 1, 2020, with annual receipts of less than $2.5 million for the 2019 calendar year, OR
- For a small business that began operating on or after Jan 1, 2020 and on or before March 26, 2020, with annual receipts of less than $2.5 million in the 2020 calendar year.
- Businesses with annual receipts greater than $2.5M are eligible to apply and will be considered only if PPACG is unable to distribute all available funds to businesses with annual receipts less than $2.5M.
- Businesses must have at least one full-time employee W2 unless they are structured as a sole proprietorship.
- Businesses must operate in El Paso County, including any city or town in El Paso County and the unincorporated areas of the county.
- Business must be in compliance with current public health orders.
For more information on eligibility requirements, a comprehensive list of FAQs and further details on the grant program, visit the 2021 Pikes Peak Small Business Relief Program website.